I know you are probably here because you are searching for the new JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts in literature in English, but worry less you are in the right place.
JAMB 2022/2023 is fast approaching, and I’m certain that you have been preparing for it for a very long time. But know this, you need to make a higher score in this JAMB 2022/2023 because there is going to be a lot of competition as a result of what is happening in some institutions’ admission for the 2021/2022 academic session. Especially, if you want to choose any of the following Institutions as your first choice in JAMB you need to be very serious, and have determination;
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
All these Universities are very competitive and tough. To gain admission into any of the five Universities above is not an easy task, one needs to read extensively, forget about having a “CONNECTION” right now. Try to study more and get an excellent score in your JAMB and POST JAMB. Then, you will have peace of mind. If you don’t pass you won’t gain admission, this shouldn’t be a bitter truth for anyone I guess.
Before we proceed, have you checked how to check JAMB result 2022
See other JAMB Related Posts
- JAMB registration requirements 2022/2023
- JAMB Correction Of Data 2022/2023
- How to Link Email to JAMB Profile 2022/2023
- JAMB cut off mark for 2022/2023 [UPDATED]
- JAMB Portal Login 2022/2023 for all activities
- How to get JAMB profile code 2022/2023 [FAST METHODS]
- JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts for Literature in English
- Auchi Poly Result 2021/2022 checker [Regular & SPAT]
- How to reset JAMB password via SMS and JAMB Portal [ALL YEARS]
- JAMB 2022/2023 Subjects Combination for all Courses
- How to check JAMB admission status without email address 2022/2023 [QUICK TIPS]
- Kaduna State Schools Calendar 2021/2022
- Nigerian Army Screening Dates 2021/2022
- JAMB registration requirements 2022/2023
JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts for Literature in English
The main reason for this article is to discuss about JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts for literature in English, some aspects of Art-division for the JAMB 2022/2023, and what you should know about it as an Art-student. You know JAMB normally gives out the syllabus for each subject every year, which means you should have known about the areas of concentration in each subject. Presently, JAMB Management has not declared an official syllabus for any subject.
It is easy to score more than the cutoff mark for your desired course in the art department if you are serious enough. This is simply because JAMB will not go beyond what is in the syllabus for each subject.
All the Prospective JAMBITES in the art department who wish to sit for UTME 2022/2023 are hereby advised to read the below guides carefully without skipping any part.
1 Discussion about the JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts in literature in English.
2 Gathering of ideas about the recommended text in Literature in English for JAMB 2022/2023.
3 Summarization of the whole article.
1) Discussion about the JAMB 2021 recommended texts in literature in English: The previously recommended texts in Literature in English in all the genres which are DRAMA, PROSE, AND POETRY are likely to be changed. Below are the examples of the texts on each genre of literature that was used for both JAMB, WAEC, NECO from the year 2016 to 2020.
Harvest of Corruption by Frank Odogo Ogbeche
Othello by William Sharkspear (non-African)
She stoops to Conquer by Olivia Goldsmith etc.(non-African)
Native Son by Richard Wright (non-African)
Lonely Days by Bayo Adebowale(African)
The Castle of Othranto by Horce Walpole etc…(non-African)
- POETRY (African)
Piano and Drum
The Dining Table
The panic of growing older etc.
- POETRY (non-African)
The proud King
Crossing the bar
The Schoolboy etc.
But for this JAMB 2022, the texts are has been changed, and the reasons are;
- JAMB normally follows the syllabus in Literature in English in WAEC, and NECO, etc. And if you have reviewed the syllabus for WAEC in Literature in English, you will notice that they have changed the texts for this year’s examination. So JAMB will also change it to the same texts as WAEC did.
- If you have the textbook for Literature in English titled EXAM FOCUS, try to check the front page of the book you will see the year it will be outdated and that is 2016-2020. This means that the book is no longer useful, either for WAEC, NECO, or JAMB examination. So you need to make sure you update to the new JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts for literature in English that will be highlighted below.
JAMB 2022 Recommended Textbooks for Literature-in-English
- AFRICAN PROSE
Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei-Agyiri (2018 Edition)
- NON-AFRICAN PROSE
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- SHAKESPEAREAN TEXT
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- AFRICAN DRAMA
Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- NON-AFRICAN DRAMA
Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
Fences by August Wilson
- AFRICAN POETRY
“Black Woman” by Leopold Sedar Senghor
“The Leader and the Led” by Niyi Osundare
“The Grieved Lands” by Agostinho Neto
“The Song of the Women of my Land” by Oumar Farouk Sesay
“Raider of the Treasure Trove” by Lade Wosornu
“A Government Driver on his Retirement” by Onu Chibuike
- NON-AFRICAN POETRY
“The Good-Morrow” by John Donne
“Caged Bird” by Maya Angelou
“The Journey of the Magi” by T.S. Eliot
“Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night” by Dylan Thomas
“Binsey Poplars (Felled 1879)” by G.M. Hopkins
“Bat” By David H. Lawrence
The texts above are the newly recommended texts by WAEC 2021 and they will be used from 2021 to 2025, which implies that for this JAMB 2022 those texts are will be used.
2) Gathering of ideas about the recommended texts in Literature in English: This second part is all about how you are going to prepare yourself for the questions you are going to answer during the JAMB examination in Literature in English. The majority of the Candidates are familiar with the previously recommended texts, and they have known all the areas of concentration in the JAMB examination.
However, if you have already familiar yourself with the old texts. It hightime you started reading the news one.
If you have not read or have ideas about the new recommended texts, try to convene knowledge from a different source. Don’t try to study alone for it, seek help from your friends who are also in your shoes, study together for a minimal time before you read alone, consult a competent teacher to guide you, search online for different ideas. With all these methods I’m very sure you won’t have any difficulty in Literature in English in your JAMB examination.
- Try to put more effort into the new JAMB 2022/2023 recommended texts in literature in English, get a standard textbook that discusses vividly each text.
I wish you the best of luck in this JAMB 2022 as you know more about JAMB texts for literature-in-English.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide AKA “Ibmasnet”, the CEO of WITSPOT.ORG.NG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news in Nigeria and Overseas. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|WEB DEVELOPER|