HUMAN RIGHT SITUATION IN NIGERIA
Human rights are best practiced and promoted in a democratic setting than in a military regime. The democratic structure on ground allows for an independent and impartial Judiciary to guard and promote the rights of citizens.
A written constitution defining these rights, the application of the rule of law, and of course the press to write and express issues constructively and objectively are put in place to ensure that human rights are kept.
Throughout the military era in Nigeria, promotion, and safeguarding of the rights of man have no place or content as the system was dictatorial in all aspects.
Similarly, suspension of the constitution and the issuing of decrees and edicts are pointers to the fact that Nigeria during the military governments did not have their rights promoted
IMPACTS OF HUMAN RIGHT ON INTERNATIONAL SECTION
1. It has been argued in some quarters that
equal rights of men and women help greatly
in promoting social progress and better
standards of life and greater freedom.
2. The activities of human rights have impacted the civil and political rights of the people thereby guaranteeing freedom from fear.
3. The government’s respect for economic, social, and cultural rights is to ensure the freedom of the populace.
4. Many countries have enshrined the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in their constitutions.
5. The Day of its adoption 10th December 1948 is internationally observed every year as Human Rights Day.
HUMAN RIGHT GROUP
A remarkable increase in world-wide activity has been recorded by the rapid growth Today, there are over a thousand independent domestic Human Rights groups and
other organizations campaigning for human of the Human Rights movement. rights.
For example, in Nigeria, individual journalists, members of the Civil Liberty Organisation (CLO), politicians, Transparency International, educationists, and trade unionists have all played their part in bringing human rights to the headlines. This has increased the Pressure on officialdom and shifted the balance in favor of the protection of human rights.
Another international group of great repute is Amnesty International. t is a worldwide movement of people using in a very practical way to ensure Wider.
Some of the fundamental rights proclaimed by the Universal independent and impartial al, not supporting or Declaration of Human Rights. This . group is posing any government or political system.
This movement was launched over 25years ago with more than 700,000 members and subscribers in over 150 countries and territories. The movement is open to anyone who supports the goals of the movement and works together with the movement to raise all the funds needed. It does not seek or receive government money.
FUNCTIONS OF HUMAN RIGHT GROUP
1. The groups seek the release of prisoners of conscience. Prisoners of conscience are the people detained anywhere for their beliefs, color, sex, ethnic origin, language or
religion, who have not used or advocated violence.
2. They seek fair and prompt trials for all political prisoners.
3. They oppose torture, victimization, and executions in all cases.
4. The body collects reports of human rights violations from all over the world. If the information is correct after verification and falls within the charter for action, contact is made with the government concerned, asking officials to make sure that the victim’s rights are protected.
His name is Ibrahim Olamide AKA “Ibmasnet”, the creator of IBMASNET.COM now known as WITSPOT.ORG.NG He is a writer, poet, educational consultant, and also reporter who cherishes reporting the latest updates in educational news in Nigeria and Overseas. Also, he is committed to assisting the learners in terms of learning and other aspects. |UNILORITE|WEB DEVELOPER|